About this Add-on
- Detects many cases in which Mozilla mis-decodes a message in one of the bidirectional language charsets, and chooses the proper encoding
- Decodes Bidirectional language text in mixed-charset messages (UTF-8 and windows-1255/6)
- Detects the intended directions of mail messages and displays them in this direction
- Detects the intended directions of individual paragraphs within mail messages and lays out the message accordingly
- Allows setting the direction of the entire message
- Allows setting the direction of individual paragraphs in HTML mail
- Allows insertion of LRM/RLM marks, via menus or using Ctrl+Shift+L/Ctrl+Shift+R
- Support for Farsi and Urdu could be improved. Users getting mail in these languages in which directions are not properly detected or the charset is mangled - please contact the developer and/or file a bug on https://github.com/eyalroz/bidimailui/issues/.
* Compatibility: Not compatible with Seamonkey 1.x, Toolkitized Seamonkey (2.x).
* Compatibility: May be compatible with Thunderbird 68.* .
* Now separating the user's preferred display charset in Thunderbird from the user's preferred single-byte charset for the mis-decoding correction of BiDi Mail UI.
Internal changes (no user visibility):
* Now using preference"extensions.bidiui.mail.display.preferred_single_byte_charset".
* No more need for the paragraph splitting/merging code, Thunderbird does this for us these days.
* Updated the extension loader ("WindowListener") version to 1.56
* Reworked the extension's build script
* Removed the bidimailui-preftree.xul file, an unused remnant of Seamonkey support.
- Source code released under Mozilla Public License Version 1.1