About this Add-on
BiDi Mail UI adds functionality both for reading and composing mail and news messages.
- Detects many cases in which Mozilla mis-decodes a message in one of the bidirectional language charsets, and chooses the proper encoding
- Decodes Bidirectional language text in mixed-charset messages (UTF-8 and windows-1255/6)
- Detects the intended directions of mail messages and displays them in this direction
- Detects the intended directions of individual paragraphs within mail messages and lays out the message accordingly
- Allows setting the direction of the entire message
- Allows setting the direction of individual paragraphs in HTML mail
- Allows insertion of LRM/RLM marks, via menus or using Ctrl+Shift+L/Ctrl+Shift+R
- Imperfect compatibility with TB 115 Supernova: Haven't managed to overload the toolbar with the extension menubutton, and the documentation doesn't explain how this can be done.
- Support for Farsi and Urdu could be improved. Users getting mail in these languages in which directions are not properly detected or the charset is mangled - please contact the developer and/or file a bug on https://github.com/eyalroz/bidimailui/issues/.
* Stopped messing up the message subject label by corrective recoding.
* Avoid throwing an exception when the 3-pane window has no message displayed
* Skipping useless corrective recoding of the weird header-in-body tables (don't worry, you don't see them as a user anyway)
* No longer trashing the console with debug messages about chrome injection/overlaying
- Source code released under Mozilla Public License Version 1.1