Avaliado com 4 de 5 estrelas
This extension has the potential to make memory leak hunting a lot simpler. It isn't quite there but the start is promising. Main problem is that you will typically get a very large set of data (thousands of objects) and are mostly left on your own exploring the structure of the graph. Issues:
* Displaying the roots is only possible when searching, not from the graph view however.
* The graph view cannot handle a large number of objects, expanding the graph with 30k objects takes a minute. What's even worse, expanding a single entry after that takes lots of time as well - it seems that the entire tree is being rebuilt.
* Generally, the tabular view as presented by the search seems to be superior to the default tree view - all the necessary information is presented at one glance without having to expand everything.
* The search is case-sensitive which is unexpected.
* The edges and owners display is suboptimal, it requires expanding two nodes to learn the name of an edge - it should be visible immediately when the edges are expanded.
* Flexible filtering options are required. In addition to the existing search and roots display it would be nice to see which objects are being held by a particular object (via direct or indirect references) as well as the actual chain between an object and its root.
thanks for great feedback! Please try 0.4.1, I think I implemented all you mentioned. The only missing thing is the chain object->root I guess.