Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
QuickFolders (Tabbed Folders) 5.1
The "Swiss army knife" of folders. Turn your favorites into tabs - open folders and subfolders, move mails without scrolling around or searching. powerful + easy.
See new mail at a glance after automatic filtering - supports quickFilters addon!
About this Add-on
This extension adds an extra toolbar to Thunderbird. When you drag a mail folder to it, you get a fully customizable shortcut to that mail folder. This supports full drag and drop, like the corresponding folder in the folder tree - You can drag messages on it to move/copy them to the folder, and access the bookmarked folders through keyboard shortcuts.
This is handy when you have a large tree of folders for clients or projects, but use only a few of them at the same time.
The quickMove / quickJump feature allows you to jump to any folder with a few keystrokes, including child folders using the "slash" feature. You can even create new folders while moving mail in order to expand an existing folder hierarchy.
The Category feature adds more usability by adding distinct areas to work in; this can make it easier to focus on a task that needs just a subset of the folders visible. There is also excellent integration with the Thunderbird tabbed interface provided since Thunderbird version 3.
Thunderbird 78 users:
The latest version of QuickFolders 5.0 is now fully compatible with Thunderbird 78. Thanks to all my users for their patience during this difficult times. Issue tracker for conversion project:
Find the complete history + bug list, visit quickfolders.org/version.html
- In order to maintain full functionality, this Add-on had to be rewritten as a mail extension with experiment API, which will require full permissions on installation. As regards being allowed to do stuff, it is actually not different with any classic Add-on: they always had full access to all functions within Thunderbird. The modern mail extensions will have much more tightly managed permissions - eventually QuickFolders will also use this more modern approach - but the APIs for this have to be created and accepted by Mozilla first. This means a lot of ongoing work for the nexty 12 months forward - please support this with a license or donation:
- You can buy a license here. This is the preferred way of funding all the ongoing work and improvements.
- If you are not ready for a license you can also donate from here
Changes / Items worked
- [issue 72] Category "_Uncategorized" will show all categories after moving a folder to another category
- [issue 76]Recent Folders List is not updated until Thunderbird is restarted.
- [issue 80] Recent Folders list not updated when moving email using drag and drop to the folder tree. I have made the updating of this folder time stamp somewhat more aggressive, but avoiding to add folders like Inbox, Sent, Archives, Drafts, Junk, Trash and Templates because they would always end up on top.
- [issue 79] Drag over color + Dropmarkers when reordering Tabs not working
- [issue 81] Current Folder Toolbar display - text is always black
- [issue 84] Can't drag envelope icon in Navigation bar (a.k.a. Current Folder) to a folder / QuickFolder drop target. Also the Navigation Bar is hidden if multiple mails or a thread is selected.
- Hide option to extend license if it is already more than 1 year into the future.
- Hide popup screen for licensed users who have > 40 days left on their license
- removed Encryption test code from options.js
- validateFilterTargets moved to other module to avoid console errors.
- Improve legibility of dropdown items in themed QuickFolders options dialog. Especially affects users of dark themes
- In the dialog "change order of tabs" the Up and Down labels on the buttons were not rendered for some yet unknown reason - this is now worked around by removing the button styling from these elements
- Source code released under Custom License