Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions according to the selected template. It also adds lots of good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. An advanced search box and 2 buttons (move to top, move to bottom) make it easy to manage many message filters.
Additional tools include:
- merging and cloning of filters
- cut, copy and paste even across mailboxes
- alphabetical sorting & grouping of selected filters
- extended search of filters: search conditions / actions / folder name
- find duplicate filters or filter conditions
- find all filters that affect a specific folder
- run filters from toolbar button
Thunderbird 68 support has ended on thunderbird.net
Unfortunately thunderbird.net does not accept updates for legacy versions anymore - they only support the new "Mail extension" format and our "mail extension with experimental APIs" which is a workaround for missing advanced features.
From of version 4.6 forward you have to install such legacy versions from the github releases page
Creates a Filter Assistant mode that makes it very easy to create new filters. Activate it, then drag an email into the folder tree. Then select from a few templates in order to create a new filter.
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions dependant on the selected template, making the creation of filters a breeze.
It also adds some good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. You can search for filters by conditions and actions, sort them alphabetically and transfer them from one account to another.
For Thunderbird 78 users, there is a preview version available here:
- Fixed [issue 123] Clicking Sort leads to empty search terms (Thunderbird 102 regression)
- Fixed toolbar Icon colors for Thunderbird 102
- [issue 125] Support license validation with Exchange accounts (from Tb 102)
- Improved default filter name for starred messages - now includes the folder name as well.
- [issue 129] Improved integration of buttons on QuickFolders' current folder bar.
The optional quickFilters toolbar button which can be added to the QuickFolders Navigation bar (Current folder toolbar) via Advanced settings can be missing if Add-ons are loaded in the wrong order or whenever QF is disabled / updated.
This fix improves communication between both Add-ons to ensure the buttons are never missing (requires QuickFolders 5.14 or higher - to get a preview version of that, check here).
- Support triggering the assistant when adding a Star to a message in the Inbox through the context menu, without triggering the warning about being more useful after moving mail to another folder.
- Removed all inline command handlers - added them via script instead. [issue 122]
- [issue 102] WIP: Support mixed "any" / "all" filters with mail clients that do (Betterbird 91.8). If the Mail Program supports nested conditions, parentheses (beginsGrouping and endsGrouping) are now processed as numbers and not as numerals (as of Betterbird).
- Source code released under Custom License