About this Add-on
- Detects many cases in which Mozilla mis-decodes a message in one of the bidirectional language charsets, and chooses the proper encoding
- Decodes Bidirectional language text in mixed-charset messages (UTF-8 and windows-1255/6)
- Detects the intended directions of mail messages and displays them in this direction
- Detects the intended directions of individual paragraphs within mail messages and lays out the message accordingly
- Allows setting the direction of the entire message
- Allows setting the direction of individual paragraphs in HTML mail
- Allows insertion of LRM/RLM marks, via menus or using Ctrl+Shift+L/Ctrl+Shift+R
- Support for Farsi and Urdu could be improved. Users getting mail in these languages in which directions are not properly detected or the charset is mangled - please contact the developer and/or file a bug on http://www.mozdev.org/bugs.
* Compatibility: Thunderbird version upto 68.*, inclusive. This actually involved quite a lot of changes under the hood.
* Compatibility: Seamonkey compatibility _should_ have improved, but this has not been effectively tested.
* Fix: Seamonkey preferences dialog was trying to load a no-longer-existent function.
* Preferences for the extension are now named "extensions.bidiui.mail.some_pref_name" rather than "bidiui.mail.some_pref_name
* Now avoiding the Error Console message about an error with a "contentaccessible=yes" line in chrome.manifest
- Source code released under Mozilla Public License Version 1.1