Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
QuickFolders (Tabbed Folders) 4.16 Requires Restart
The "Swiss army knife" of folders. Turn your favorites into tabs - open folders and subfolders, move mails without scrolling around or searching. powerful + easy.
See new mail at a glance after automatic filtering - supports quickFilters addon!
About this Add-on
This extension adds an extra toolbar to Thunderbird. When you drag a mail folder to it, you get a fully customizable shortcut to that mail folder. This supports full drag and drop, like the corresponding folder in the folder tree - You can drag messages on it to move/copy them to the folder, and access the bookmarked folders through keyboard shortcuts.
This is handy when you have a large tree of folders for clients or projects, but use only a few of them at the same time.
The Category feature adds more usability by adding distinct areas to work in; this can make it easier to focus on a task that needs just a subset of the folders visible. There is also excellent integration with the Thunderbird tabbed interface provided since Tb version 3.
Find the complete history + bug list, visit quickfolders.org/version.html
- New option to hide folder from results in quickump / quickMove
- Improved look of search box especially in dark themes.
- Improved look of current folder bar background by better matching standard theme background colors.
Thunderbird 68 specific Fixes
- As Mozilla removed xbl bindings for most xul elements, the quickMove / quickJump box had stopped working. This version fixes it and brings back the automatic suggestions that are shown during typing a folder name.
- [Bug 26694] Subfolder menus do not expand - A regression has caused subfolders (2nd and higher level) not to be expanded on the drag / click context menus of the folder tabs.
- Fixed: creating new subfolders from QF menus fails because XPCOMUtils.generateQI was removed.
- Source code released under Custom License