Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
Upgrade to / installation on Thunderbird 78
- Version 3.0.0 is compatible with Thunderbird 78, but please restart Thunderbird after XNote++ is installed / updated as the XNote++ column is only working after a restart.
XNote allows you to create a note for each mail. Thus, you can add for example the phone number of that contact or when you have to contact the sender back.
- Add notes to messages
- Custom column to mark messages with notes.
- Highlight messages with notes.
- Resizeable notes
- Preset standard note position of screen, even outside of TB main window.
- Create notes by keyboard only (no mouse needed).
- Translated into Dutch, English, French, Galician, German, Italian, Japanese, and Polish.
- XNote toolbar button: XNote comes with a button to add a note to a message. To enable this button, right click on the toolbar (the bar with the icons below the menu bar) and select "Customize...". Locate the "XNote" button and drag it onto your toolbar. Then select "Done" in the customization window.
- XNote column: If you want to see the "Notes" column, you have to add it via a (left-)click on the rightmost icon in the column headers of the e-mail list (above the scrollbar).
Kown major issues:
- Notes window disappears if moved too quickly. This was introduced by some Thunderbird version < 35 and I assume it to be a bug in Thunderbird's dialog movement handling. If this happens, the note's position can be reset to the default location using the context menu in the message list.
This is a port to Thunderbird >= 3 based on XNote 2.1.0 ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/3093 ) with bugfixes and additional features.
- Compatibility with Thunderbird 78: Please restart your Thunderbird after installing this version as the XNote++ column is only working after a restart.
- Preview notes on mouseover: If you display the XNote column and widen it, so that the three dots are shown for a note, but no text: then, on mouseover/hover, a little window will show the note text. The message does not need to be selected. This can be used to get a fast overview over all notes indicated in the message list. The number of characters shown can be chosen in the settings (Tools->Add-on settings-> XNote++).
- Keyboard operation: New note: Shift+F10 - x - c, Modify note: Shift+F10 - x -m, Delete note: Shift+F10 - x - d (varies by TB language). Some keyboards have a 'context menu' key, which can be used instead of shift+F10
- Set note position on screen: XNote++ now allows to set the standard screen position for notes in the settings. It is even possible to choose a position outside of the main TB window. So the note will no longer cover parts of the TB window.
- Source code released under GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1