About this Add-on
You can specify a specific time and date, or click "15 mins later", "30 mins later" or "2 hours later", or define custom shortcuts. You can also schedule a message to send repeatedly using simple rules (every N hours, days, etc.) or customizable functions.
Send Later relies on powerful date input parsing provided by Andrew Plummer's Sugar.js library.
Feedback and bug reports are welcome, and can be submitted via the project's GitHub page.
Please email me bug reports, suggestions, etc.
* Status bar menu/indicator is back
* Access key shortcuts are available within the message composition window and the popup dialog
* In the composition window, Ctrl+Alt+1/Ctrl+Alt+2/Ctrl+Alt+3 execute the user-defined shortcuts (15 min/30 min/ 2 hour delay by default)
* In the popup dialog Ctrl+1/Ctrl+2/Ctrl+3 also execute the shortcuts, Ctrl+Enter activates the "Send at ..." button, the "Send Now" and "Place in Outbox" buttons are connected to the same access keys as they were in the 7.x branch, with underlined characters in the button text to indicate what those keys are, and the shortcut keys can be manually bound to whatever arbitrary access key you'd like by placing an & character in the shortcut label immediately preceding the character of your choice.
- e.g. creating a shortcut called Next &Work Day would be rendered in the shortcut button as Next Work Day (W should be underlined, but github won't do that), and could be activated with Alt+Shift+W on Windows and Linux, or Ctrl+Option+W on Mac.
* Automatically re-save drafts when they are opened for editing, effectively "un-scheduling" them.
* Send rate throttling is possible, via an advanced configuration setting
* Indicate in drafts folder column when a draft is invalid due to pgp encryption, or is not scheduled by this specific instance of Thunderbird.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements:
* Fetch messages from the server only as absolutely necessary.
* More judicious console log handling
* Date/time locales are fixed for users whose default locale was different than their UI locale
* Ensure overlay scripts are injected in the correct order every time
* Fix the state lock for messages during 'place in outbox' operation (to avoid infinite spell check loop)
* Minor fixups and improvements to the options page interface
* Fix cases where an account has no dedicated "drafts" folder, by also checking the "templates" folder for scheduled drafts.
- Source code released under Mozilla Public License, version 2.0