Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
Remove Duplicate Messages 0.5.3.2
by Eyal Rozenberg
Search and remove messages which are the same as other messages in your mail folders (referred to as duplicates or dupes).
About this Add-on
This add-on lets you search messages in one or several folders to locate duplicates: Messages which are identical - according to some comparison criteria you chose.
- Wide choice of comparison criteria (subject, author, send time, CC list, flags, etc).
- Review dialog for double-checking which duplicates to delete and which to keep.
- Relatively fast; should easily be able to handle 100K emails and more
- Supports comparison of message bodies as a comparison criteria (but this slows thing down of course).
- Good performance on local folders with large number of messages; reasonable performance with IMAP and RSS accounts.
- Spiffy toolbar button+menu for quick access.
- Free (GPL/LGPL/MPL license)
I had tried contacting the author of the original 'Remove Duplicate Messages' several times, without success. I would have liked to join forces and have just one extension, but that doesn't seem to work out.
Also, some locales are incomplete - help with them would be appreciated. Visit the BabelZilla translation website.
Changes since v0.5.2.2:
* Minimum supported Thunderbird version is now 91.
Other user-facing changes
* Proper support of the dupe review dialog for dark mode
* Bug fix: Now properly respecting the default action chosen in the add-on preferences dialog
* Status bar updates now work again! You will get updates while the dupes are searched for (but - not while they are removed, see issue #105)
* More status bar updates during actual removal of dupes: One status bar update for each folder being worked on
* No longer throwing an uncaught exception due to redundant loading of customElement.js
* Now properly handling the case of some of the dupes being in the target folder (i.e. target folder being one of the search folders)
* Changed "Size" label to "Size (Headers & Body)"
Various internal changes
* using .code instead of the deprecated .keyCode
* No longer using NsSyncStreamListener for getting message bodies
* Defining global RemoveDupes object members separately to improve readability
* Using the XPCOMUtils module to get services
* Corrected some variable name typos in removedupes.js
* Removed all of the ifdef-DEBUG lines from the code
* Got rid of tabs had snuck into some .js files
* A bunch of refactoring
* Linted the code with ESlint and now following all those rules (with some specific exceptions in the ESLint config file, which is now part of the extension)
* We now have a package.json file for the extension (which makes it easier for some IDEs to open it)
* Service references are now const + out of container objects with single members.
* Accommodating the "globalization" of the general Services module
* Less/no references to services we don't actually use
* Checkmark images are now inline SVGs (for light & dark mode)
- Source code released under Mozilla Public License Version 1.1