About this Add-on
This add-on lets you search messages in one or several folders to locate duplicates: Messages which are identical - according to some comparison criteria you chose.
- Wide choice of comparison criteria (subject, author, send time, CC list, flags, etc).
- Review dialog for double-checking which duplicates to delete and which to keep.
- Relatively fast; should easily be able to handle 100K emails and more
- Supports comparison of message bodies as a comparison criteria (but this slows thing down of course).
- Good performance on local folders with large number of messages; reasonable performance with IMAP and RSS accounts.
- Spiffy toolbar button+menu for quick access.
- Free (GPL/LGPL/MPL license)
I had tried contacting the author of the original 'Remove Duplicate Messages' several times, without success. I would have liked to join forces and have just one extension, but that doesn't seem to work out.
Also, some locales are incomplete - help with them would be appreciated. Visit the BabelZilla translation website.
* **Fix**: Address stripping & sorting no longer fails with a "too much recursion" error.
Internal changes (no user visibility):
* Build script rewritten
- Source code released under Mozilla Public License Version 1.1