Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
Remove Duplicate Messages (Alternate) 0.4.1 Requires Restart
Search and remove messages which are the same as other messages in your mail folders (referred to as duplicates or dupes).
About this Add-on
This is a full rewrite of the original, proprietary, of the 'Remove Duplicate Messages' extension, with an GPL-LGPL-MPL license. The rewrite has included significant performance improvement, and several important features and capabilities, have been added, including:
- Choice of comparison criteria (subject, author, date, etc).
- Comparison of message bodies.
- Action on multiple folders.
- Review dialog for double-checking which duplicates to delete and which to keep.
- Good performance on local folders with large number of messages; reasonable performance with IMAP and RSS accounts.
- Spiffy toolbar button+menu.
There's also a SeaMonkey version, though not as frequently tested.
I had tried contacting the author of the original 'Remove Duplicate Messages' several times, without success. I would have liked to join forces and have just one extension, but that doesn't seem to work out.
Also, some locales are incomplete - help with them would be appreciated. Visit the BabelZilla translation website.
* Locales: Filled in missing additional string (partly with English though)
* Fix: Review dialog dupe tree status bar doesn't show up with some versions of Thunderbird.
Relative to 0.3.16:
* Compatibility: After a lot of work, the extension is now compatible Thunderbird versions up to 68.x
* Fix: The review dialog check-mark for messages selected for keeping will no longer disappear under certain circumstances.
- Source code released under Mozilla Public License Version 1.1