Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
Please uninstall any other, older variants of the add-on (the old one from "Malte Rücker" or the variant from "Intika"), which can also be found here on addons.thunderbird.net. Unfortunately, it was not possible for formal reasons to combine the old variants with this newly revised add-on in one project, which is why the update from the other variants to this new add-on does not work directly either.
Quote Colors allows you to assign text and background colors to different quote levels which are applied when reading or printing mail or news messages. Five quote levels can be configured with distinct colors.
You can choose between two quoting display modes: graphical quoting with colored bars around quoted paragraphs (default), and traditional plain text quoting where each quoted line starts with one or more ">" characters. In graphical quoting, the color, position and style of the bars is adjustable.
Additionally, this add-on enables you to set up some basic message display options such as text, background, link and signature colors.
The source code of the add-on is open source and is available at GitLab.
You are welcome to submit your feedback in English and German in the forum. We can also best solve any problems there. You are also welcome to contribute to improvements for the translation of the add-on there: https://www.thunderbird-mail.de/forum/board/88-quote-colors-collapse/
The options of the add-on can now be found directly in the add-on manager under the open list entry of the add-on (no longer in the tools menu).
- The display of the quotation levels can now optionally also be activated for the compose window.
- A separate set of colors is used for light and dark mode themes
- Added / incorporated "Quote Collapse" feature, which has to be enabled in the options dialogue. Per default citations were not collapsed.
- Shortcut Alt+Q to toggle between fully collapsed and fully displayed quotes. In the 3-pane window (the main window), it is no longer necessary to set the focus in the displayed message by clicking on it beforehand. It only has to be (as usual) the window in the foreground.
Fixes since version 3.0
- Fixed missing English locale for debug options
- Fixed a possible command key problem for some users
- Fixed a major CSS bug in Daily (and maybe in Thunderbird 102) for collapsed quotes
- Fix bug in dark mode for the options to hide signatures and hide simple text effect delimiters (GitLab issue #6)
- Removed none working (old) options
- Improved CSS in options page
- Improved CSS in options page for dark mode
Features currently no longer possible:
The display of the quote levels in printed messages can no longer be adjusted using the add-on. Maybe this will be possible again in the future.
- Source code released under Mozilla Public License, version 2.0