Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
QuickFolders (Tabbed Folders) 5.11
The "Swiss army knife" of folders. Turn your favorites into tabs - open folders and subfolders, move mails without scrolling around or searching. powerful + easy.
See new mail at a glance after automatic filtering - supports quickFilters addon!
About this Add-on
This extension adds an extra toolbar to Thunderbird. When you drag a mail folder to it, you get a fully customizable shortcut to that mail folder. This supports full drag and drop, like the corresponding folder in the folder tree - You can drag messages on it to move/copy them to the folder, and access the bookmarked folders through keyboard shortcuts.
This is handy when you have a large tree of folders for clients or projects, but use only a few of them at the same time.
The quickMove / quickJump feature allows you to jump to any folder with a few keystrokes, including child folders using the "slash" feature. You can even create new folders while moving mail in order to expand an existing folder hierarchy.
The Category feature adds more usability by adding distinct areas to work in; this can make it easier to focus on a task that needs just a subset of the folders visible. There is also excellent integration with the Thunderbird tabbed interface provided since Thunderbird version 3.
Thunderbird 91 users:
The latest version of QuickFolders, v5.8.2 is fully compatible with Thunderbird 91. If you are having problem after upgrading from an older version of Thunderbird, you can force reinstalling by removing the extension first, without losing your settings - see the top of the latest version history for detailed instructions.
Thunderbird 68 support has ended on thunderbird.net
Unfortunately thunderbird.net does not accept updates for legacy versions anymore - they only support the new "Mail extension" format and our "mail extension with experimental APIs" which is a workaround for missing advanced features.
From of version 4.23 forward you have to install such legacy versions from the github releases page
Find the complete history + bug list, visit quickfolders.org/version.html
Please note that QuickFolders is compatible with the latest version of Thunderbird (102.0) - if you get a message that says otherwise after updating from earlier versions (e.g. Tb91) or if QuickFolders cannot be enabled with the blue slider, simply remove it and reinstall it via "Find more Add-ons" search box on the Extensions tab of Add-ons Manager.
To support QuickFolders, please buy a QuickFolders Pro license here.
Or get the new cheaper QuickFolders Standard License. This is the preferred way of funding all the ongoing work and improvements.
Read the new comparison chart to see which functions you get depending on your license.
You can also donate from here.
- [issue 283] Slowdown of Thunderbird 102 with QuickFolders
There is some inefficiency in the Thunderbird code base for the folder tree which can be exascerbated by QuickFolders. I have removed as many function calls as I could find without impacting on functionality. On startup some right-click menus have to be generated to make drag+drop, these are now generated at a later stage to yield some time to the User Interface.
- [issue 279] Fixed: Thunderbird 102 - current category is not remembered / selected; in this solution I store the current category of each tab (folder and messages) whenever a tab is opened / moved or closed. Information is only stored for one single window, so it might get confused if you open multiple windows with different categories per tab. It works reasonably for most general uses of QuickFolder categories.
- [issue 280] Folder tree icons did not work independently of tabs in Thunderbird 102.
- [issue 284] Recent folders menu doesn't show or takes a very long time in Thunderbird 102 - There is some inefficent code in Thunderbird 102 at the moment, so I have started to use their own internal function to generate this.
- [issue 287] Fixed the removal of invalid (orphaned) tabs through the tool menu command "remove invalid tabs". Also renamed it for clarity: this used to be called "find orphaned tabs"
- Source code released under Custom License