Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
QuickFolders (Tabbed Folders) 6.4
The "Swiss army knife" of folders. Turn your favorites into tabs - open folders and subfolders, move mails without scrolling around or searching. powerful + easy.
See new mail at a glance after automatic filtering - supports quickFilters addon!
About this Add-on
This extension adds an extra toolbar to Thunderbird. When you drag a mail folder to it, you get a fully customizable shortcut to that mail folder. This supports full drag and drop, like the corresponding folder in the folder tree - You can drag messages on it to move/copy them to the folder, and access the bookmarked folders through keyboard shortcuts.
This is handy when you have a large tree of folders for clients or projects, but use only a few of them at the same time.
The quickMove / quickJump feature allows you to jump to any folder with a few keystrokes, including child folders using the "slash" feature. You can even create new folders while moving mail in order to expand an existing folder hierarchy.
The Category feature adds more usability by adding distinct areas to work in; this can make it easier to focus on a task that needs just a subset of the folders visible. There is also excellent integration with the Thunderbird tabbed interface provided since Thunderbird version 3.
Thunderbird 102 users:
The latest version of QuickFolders, v5.12.1 is fully compatible with Thunderbird 102. If you are having problem after upgrading from an older version of Thunderbird, you can force reinstalling by removing the extension first, without losing your settings - see the top of the latest version history for detailed instructions.
Thunderbird 68 support has ended on thunderbird.net
Unfortunately thunderbird.net does not accept updates for legacy versions anymore - they only support the new "Mail extension" format and our "mail extension with experimental APIs" which is a workaround for missing advanced features.
From of version 4.23 forward you have to install such legacy versions from the github releases page
Originally QuickFolders was released in 2008 by Alexander Malfait. Various people helped on Babelzill.org with localisation, at the moment I am doing this mostly on my own using google translate. Opto (Klaus Buecher) helped with the conversion for Thunderbird 78 to be compatible with the new experimental mail extensions model. TbSync also helped with Code and Paenglab with CSS styles and converting icons. Thanks to all who have participated.
You can also participate in the future of QF by suggesting new features and reporting issues at:
Find the complete history + bug list, visit quickfolders.org/version.html
- Additional settings for QuickFolders are now accessible to all operating systems. These are now displayed with a little sprocket icon beside the main option, which can be used to get into advanced configuration.
This makes the settings instantly more accessible without overloading the UI with too much information and having to build separate dialogs. Settings are opened as a filtered view of about:config (the search box is fixed so that the user cannot accidentally overwrite unwanted settings).
- quickfilter search box does not loose focus 1 second after clicking a QuickFolders Tab [issue 434]
- You can now load configuration from the license tab, which was broken by Thunderbird 115. [issue 425]
- When dragging emails across QuickFolders tabs, popup menus are now removed again. [issue 428]
- Fixed a hanging subfolder menu on first tab when dragging mail to quickMove Button [issue 410]
- Fixed disappearing context command to 'Customize Icon' in folder tree. [issue 430]
- You can now move folders using Shift-M again. [issue 436]
- In advanced tab properties - setting to / from fields for folders is now working again [issue 437]
- Fixed layout and visibility problems with transparency and unselectable items in tab-specific properties panel on Mac. [issue 433]
- Thunderbird 122 beta - cannot add new tabs to toolbar [issue 439]
- Removed unwanted text shadow in quickJump help panel [issue 427]
- Source code released under Custom License