Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
QuickFolders (Tabbed Folders) 5.10
The "Swiss army knife" of folders. Turn your favorites into tabs - open folders and subfolders, move mails without scrolling around or searching. powerful + easy.
See new mail at a glance after automatic filtering - supports quickFilters addon!
About this Add-on
This extension adds an extra toolbar to Thunderbird. When you drag a mail folder to it, you get a fully customizable shortcut to that mail folder. This supports full drag and drop, like the corresponding folder in the folder tree - You can drag messages on it to move/copy them to the folder, and access the bookmarked folders through keyboard shortcuts.
This is handy when you have a large tree of folders for clients or projects, but use only a few of them at the same time.
The quickMove / quickJump feature allows you to jump to any folder with a few keystrokes, including child folders using the "slash" feature. You can even create new folders while moving mail in order to expand an existing folder hierarchy.
The Category feature adds more usability by adding distinct areas to work in; this can make it easier to focus on a task that needs just a subset of the folders visible. There is also excellent integration with the Thunderbird tabbed interface provided since Thunderbird version 3.
Thunderbird 91 users:
The latest version of QuickFolders, v5.8.2 is fully compatible with Thunderbird 91. If you are having problem after upgrading from an older version of Thunderbird, you can force reinstalling by removing the extension first, without losing your settings - see the top of the latest version history for detailed instructions.
Thunderbird 68 support has ended on thunderbird.net
Unfortunately thunderbird.net does not accept updates for legacy versions anymore - they only support the new "Mail extension" format and our "mail extension with experimental APIs" which is a workaround for missing advanced features.
From of version 4.23 forward you have to install such legacy versions from the github releases page
Find the complete history + bug list, visit quickfolders.org/version.html
Please note that QuickFolders is compatible with the latest version of Thunderbird (102.0) - if you get a message that says otherwise after updating from earlier versions (e.g. Tb91) or if QuickFolders cannot be enabled with the blue slider, simply remove it and reinstall it via "Find more Add-ons" search box on the Extensions tab of Add-ons Manager.
To support QuickFolders, please buy a QuickFolders Pro license here.
Or get the new cheaper QuickFolders Standard License. This is the preferred way of funding all the ongoing work and improvements.
Read the new comparison chart to see which functions you get depending on your license.
You can also donate from here.
Thunderbird 102 Specific changes
- Increasing maximum TB version for next ESR - Thunderbird 102.* is planned to be supported from now on. Also increased minimum version to 91.0 - because of new APIs 78 will not be supported with new features / bugfixes.
- Fixed repair folder code.
- Fixed support site links in Options Dialog.
- [issue 272] Implemented new folder listener interface. The new version of Thunderbird implements a different folder listener interface. This meant a lot of functions (such as updating URLs when renaming folders and updating their connected tabs or updating unread counts on the tabs) were broken.
- [issue 263] If Preferences are open in inactive Tab, clicking the options button now activates it.
- Added title to preferences tab.
- [issue 265] Reading list: If an email cannot be found due to an invalid / deleted folder, QuickFolders wasn't displaying the search dialog.
- [issue 262] Fixed: Recent folders on Navigation Bar (Current folder toolbar) outdated when dragging emails
- Fixed: support mail to... description in options dialog
- [issue 268] Fixed: Current Folder Bar" doesn't show updated subfolders when left-clicked
- Removed legacy settings dialog and associated menu item
- Removed legacy code (supportsMap, nsIMutableArray, MailServices.copy.CopyFolders)
Full change list: https://github.com/RealRaven2000/QuickFolders/compare/5.9.1...5.10
Showing with 1,860 additions and 6,073 deletions.
- Source code released under Custom License