Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
QuickFolders (Tabbed Folders) 4.14 Requires Restart
The "Swiss army knife" of folders. Turn your favorites into tabs - open folders and subfolders, move mails without scrolling around or searching. powerful + easy.
See new mail at a glance after automatic filtering - supports quickFilters addon!
About this Add-on
This extension adds an extra toolbar to Thunderbird. When you drag a mail folder to it, you get a fully customizable shortcut to that mail folder. This supports full drag and drop, like the corresponding folder in the folder tree - You can drag messages on it to move/copy them to the folder, and access the bookmarked folders through keyboard shortcuts.
This is handy when you have a large tree of folders for clients or projects, but use only a few of them at the same time.
The Category feature adds more usability by adding distinct areas to work in; this can make it easier to focus on a task that needs just a subset of the folders visible. There is also excellent integration with the Thunderbird tabbed interface provided since Tb version 3.
Find the complete history + bug list, visit quickfolders.org/version.html
- Improved quickMove / quickJump actions: you can now enter multiple forward slashes to determine a chain of parent folders. The entered parent folder names will be displayed in full even when only entered partially. Also moved create new subfolder entry to bottom.
- [Bug 26645] Move IMAP folders within the tree cuts off QF tabs.
When a folder is moved from one tree location to another in a synchronised IMAP account, the folder location (URL) is not updated in the QuickFolders Tab pointing to the moved folder. Workaround: move the folder from the tree to a QuickFolders Tab (or folder submenu thereof) while holding down the SHIFT key.
- Fixed: No context menu was shown When right-clicking the current folder tab in Thunderbird 52 unless user executed double click.
- Show the "already have a license" button on the registration screen when the license key is expired.
- When selecting Folder Aliases (Never Show) from the Categories box, items that are categorized "Always show" are also displayed. from now on QuickFolders will not show the "Always" Item when "Folder Aliases" Category is selected.
- Support deleting multiple Categories from Category box. please only select Categories you have defined yourself - you cannot select the built in categoires (Always / Never / Uncategorized) in a multiple selection.
- When deleting *all* user defined categories, the categories box was not hidden. I wrote a tidy up routine that resets any tab that may lead to this problem (remove Show Always category from all tabs)
- Source code released under Custom License