Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
QuickFolders (Tabbed Folders) 4.11 Requires Restart
The "Swiss army knife" of folders. Turn your favorites into tabs - open folders and subfolders, move mails without scrolling around or searching. powerful + easy.
See new mail at a glance after automatic filtering - supports quickFilters addon!
About this Add-on
This extension adds an extra toolbar to Thunderbird. When you drag a mail folder to it, you get a fully customizable shortcut to that mail folder. This supports full drag and drop, like the corresponding folder in the folder tree - You can drag messages on it to move/copy them to the folder, and access the bookmarked folders through keyboard shortcuts.
This is handy when you have a large tree of folders for clients or projects, but use only a few of them at the same time.
The Category feature adds more usability by adding distinct areas to work in; this can make it easier to focus on a task that needs just a subset of the folders visible. There is also excellent integration with the Thunderbird tabbed interface provided since Tb version 3.
Find the complete history + bug list, visit quickfolders.org/version.html
- (Premium Feature) Added an optional keyboard shortcut for the new "skip unread folder" command
- [Bug 26565] Execute quickJump / quickMove with [Enter] if unique match
This means if you can now jump to or move mail to any folder using keys only even more conveniently. After the keyboard shortcuts (SHIFT-J and SHIFT-M) and typing a few letters, you can now simply use the [Enter] key to jump / move mail if there is only one folder result in the list.
To select from multiple matches, use the [Down] key or mouse as before.
- Redesigned (mostly monochrome) toolbar icons for Photon look; includes improved brighttext support.
- [Bug 26570] Remove "Mark Folder Read" command if a folder contains no unread mails.
- Improved "unread email count" display by using Triangle [▾] instead of Plus sign [+] to delimit unread mail stored in subfolders.
- [Bug 26571] Add Option to hide QF command submenu. With this new option, QuickFolders commands are only shown when the CTRL key is pressed while clicking the QuickFolders Tab.
- Added an option to disable the "Open in New Tab" function. You can still quickly open a Folder in a new tab by left-clicking it while holding down CTRL. Bug Fixes
- [Bug 26575] Thunderbird 60: QuickFolders context menus broken. This is due to bugs in the new rendering engine "Servo" which replaces "Gecko" which apparently are triggered by using em (a unit based on font size) for spacings in / around the toolbarbuttons. Visit the related bug on Mozilla
- [Bug 26566] Thunderbird 60 doesn't show custom icons in folder tree. To fix this QuickFolders will now start a timer that repairs the icons after initialisation.The waiting time can be adjusted through the configuration setting extensions.quickfolders.treeIconsDelay
- Fixed: Some full themes (e.g. Nuvola) do not display the check mark for advanced tab properties
- Fixed getOrCreateFolder (creating folders asynchronously) for Thunderbird 60
- Removed palette color names for stability.
- Source code released under Custom License