Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
QuickFolders (Tabbed Folders) 4.10 Requires Restart
The "Swiss army knife" of folders. Turn your favorites into tabs - open folders and subfolders, move mails without scrolling around or searching. powerful + easy.
See new mail at a glance after automatic filtering - supports quickFilters addon!
About this Add-on
This extension adds an extra toolbar to Thunderbird. When you drag a mail folder to it, you get a fully customizable shortcut to that mail folder. This supports full drag and drop, like the corresponding folder in the folder tree - You can drag messages on it to move/copy them to the folder, and access the bookmarked folders through keyboard shortcuts.
This is handy when you have a large tree of folders for clients or projects, but use only a few of them at the same time.
The Category feature adds more usability by adding distinct areas to work in; this can make it easier to focus on a task that needs just a subset of the folders visible. There is also excellent integration with the Thunderbird tabbed interface provided since Tb version 3.
Find the complete history + bug list, visit quickfolders.org/version.html
- [Bug 26489] ESR 2018 readiness - Make QuickFolders compatible with Thunderbird 60
- [Bug 26514] Remove the QuickFolders Tab when deleting folder from its menu: The QuickFolders tab of a deleted folder used to be re-pointed to the folder that was moved to Trash, which could create the impression of the folder still being in place. With this fix, Thunderbird will move to the parent of the deleted folder after the folder deletion and delete the QuickFolder Tab as well.
- Improved "Skip Folder" function to wrap around and go to the first unread email in every folder skipped to.
- [Bug 26507] Colors menu should only be available on themes supporting it (e.g. Native Tabs / Pushbuttons)
- [Bug 26517] Support moving multiple folders using Drag + Drop.
Hold down SHIFT while dropping folders from the tree onto a QuickFolders Tab or it's subfolders menu.
- Fixed version links from Options dialog to support site to show more relevant information to Premium Users. Also improved validation warning in case a license key for a different Add-on has been inserted.
Various Styling Improvements
- Improved brighttext support in "Flat Tabs" and coloring behavior for "Apple Pills" Theme.
- The "Bling my Tabs" page will now show a preview using the current Theme colors for easier tab color styling.
- New toolbar icons for Thunderbird 60's Photon compatibility, which also better supports dark backgrounds.
- Fixed font color on colored Current Folder tab when Striped Style is used.
- Added a preview panel to advanced folder properties - this will be visible if the custom css option is activated. Note that any colorings can be different on the QuickFolder tab if the folder is currently selected. (Current folder coloring overrides everything else for consistency)
- Source code released under Custom License