Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
by Realraven (Axel Grude)
Quickly generate mail filters on the fly, by dragging and dropping mails and analyzing their attributes. Create a filter in less than 10 seconds, it's as easy as: drag, click, click.
By popular demand, supports SORTING filters alphabetically.
About this Add-on
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions according to the selected template. It also adds lots of good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. An advanced search box and 2 buttons (move to top, move to bottom) make it easy to manage many message filters.
Additional tools include:
- merging and cloning of filters
- cut, copy and paste even across mailboxes
- alphabetical sorting & grouping of selected filters
- extended search of filters: search conditions / actions / folder name
- find duplicate filters or filter conditions
- find all filters that affect a specific folder
- run filters from toolbar button
Thunderbird 68 support has ended on thunderbird.net
Unfortunately thunderbird.net does not accept updates for legacy versions anymore - they only support the new "Mail extension" format and our "mail extension with experimental APIs" which is a workaround for missing advanced features.
From of version 4.6 forward you have to install such legacy versions from the github releases page
Creates a Filter Assistant mode that makes it very easy to create new filters. Activate it, then drag an email into the folder tree. Then select from a few templates in order to create a new filter.
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions dependant on the selected template, making the creation of filters a breeze.
It also adds some good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. You can search for filters by conditions and actions, sort them alphabetically and transfer them from one account to another.
For Thunderbird 78 users, there is a preview version available here:
Improvements - Maintenance v5.9.1
- Fixed: Missing quickFilters buttons on QuickFolders Current Folder Bar (Linux). [issue 172]
- Fixed: quickFilters buttons ddin't work initially when dragging from customize toolbar -
Add-on needs to be restarted to make buttons work. [issue 175]
- Improved license dialog with a new section on pricing. As Thunderbird cannot pull the prices from the shop website at fastspring.com, the user must click the Renew / Buy License buttons to look up price on the shop website before deciding to pay [issue 177].
- Added Czech translation to license dialog.
Improvements - v5.9
- Redesigned the quickFilters Assistant toolbarbutton and made it a dropdown. This unblocks usage of the assistant when showing the "expired license" notice. It also gives the option of reading the change log after enabling filter assistant mode.
- Disable assistant when dragging mail from special folders: Queue | Templates | Drafts | Trash. [issue 164]
- Added a warning if the quickFilters license is about to expire (displayed 10 days before). [issue 171]
- Removed donate button from assistant dialog for licensed users. [issue 166]
- Repaired the option to add new rules on top of existing filters. [issue 170]
- Source code released under Custom License