Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions according to the selected template. It also adds lots of good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. An advanced search box and 2 buttons (move to top, move to bottom) make it easy to manage many message filters.
Additional tools include:
- merging and cloning of filters
- cut, copy and paste even across mailboxes
- alphabetical sorting & grouping of selected filters
- extended search of filters: search conditions / actions / folder name
- find duplicate filters or filter conditions
- find all filters that affect a specific folder
- run filters from toolbar button
Thunderbird 68 support has ended on thunderbird.net
Unfortunately thunderbird.net does not accept updates for legacy versions anymore - they only support the new "Mail extension" format and our "mail extension with experimental APIs" which is a workaround for missing advanced features.
From of version 4.6 forward you have to install such legacy versions from the github releases page
Creates a Filter Assistant mode that makes it very easy to create new filters. Activate it, then drag an email into the folder tree. Then select from a few templates in order to create a new filter.
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions dependant on the selected template, making the creation of filters a breeze.
It also adds some good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. You can search for filters by conditions and actions, sort them alphabetically and transfer them from one account to another.
For Thunderbird 78 users, there is a preview version available here:
- Added improved Italian translation by Pol Hallen
- [issue 107] Existing "Reply-To" conditions cannot be edited (no text field displayed in Tb 91)
- [issue 108] Fixed: Edit fields of custom search term "Reply-To" is not displayed in Thunderbird 102
[issue 109] Fixed: Adding "Reply To" parts in Custom Template Editor fails with an error
- [issue 110] Added an option to disable removing own email addresses (mainly for testing)
Maintenance version 5.5.1
- [5.5.1 - Maintenance Release] On request from ATN Reviewers removed debugger statements.
- [issue 100] Improve location of toolbar buttons when installing quickFilters
When installing quickFilters for the first time, the new buttons appear to the right of the application menu. A better location would be to the left of the search box, aligned to the last visible button (in this example "Quick Filter")
- Increasing maximum TB version for next ESR - Thunderbird 102.* is supported from now on.
- Added new domain part extractors for custom templates: Root domain, Subdomain, Domain name extension. These will usually work reliably depending on how exotic your domain extensions are. However it doesn't check against the database of extensions that look like domains, such as "pharma.pro", here the algorithm will falsely assume that the URL "tools.pharma.pro" consists of:
subdomain = tools, root domain = pharma, extension = pro
- even though in reality it is:
root domain = tools, extension = pharma.pro
I am not doing an online sanity check here, so double check when you use these functions to create new filter templates.
- Added a help panel in custom template editor that explains the placeholder action "set priority to normal". When the assistant creates a new filter it will always add the appropriate action (such as move to current folder or tag with the current tag) based on what the user did. Since the filter editor needs at least one action the custom template editor just uses a "neutral" action (set priority to normal) as a placeholder. This should be left alone - do not try to set a "move to folder action" unless you want to do it and expect this action to be hardcoded in all filters you want to generate with this template.
- Added more transparency for features that require a Pro license. You can use these features a limited number of times the remaining of which will now be displayed in the license notification at the bottom of the screen. All usage counts will be reset when this new version is installed.
- [issue 105] Fixed: Backup of Custom Templates (Local Folders) does not store placeholders correctly.
- [issue 104] Fixed: Filter Rules sorting - fails if no quickFilters Pro license is present.
- Fixed "copy" icon in filter list removed in TB102.
- Fixed sliding notification panels for Thunderbird 99 and higher.
- Fixed sliding notification icon for Thunderbird 91.
- Fixed icon on OS notification (Run filters on folder / selected mails...)
- Fixed a problem with alias email addresses in license.
- Tested with Betterbird so that new can be generated. Future Work: intelligent merging into subgroups depending on template. E.g. subject AND (from OR from OR from).
- Source code released under Custom License