Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
Quickly generate mail filters on the fly, by dragging and dropping mails and analyzing their attributes. Create a filter in less than 10 seconds, it's as easy as: drag, click, click.
By popular demand, supports SORTING filters alphabetically.
About this Add-on
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions according to the selected template. It also adds lots of good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. An advanced search box and 2 buttons (move to top, move to bottom) make it easy to manage many message filters.
Additional tools include:
- merging and cloning of filters
- cut, copy and paste even across mailboxes
- alphabetical sorting & grouping of selected filters
- extended search of filters: search conditions / actions / folder name
- find duplicate filters or filter conditions
- find all filters that affect a specific folder
- run filters from toolbar button
Creates a Filter Assistant mode that makes it very easy to create new filters. Activate it, then drag an email into the folder tree. Then select from a few templates in order to create a new filter.
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions dependant on the selected template, making the creation of filters a breeze.
It also adds some good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. You can search for filters by conditions and actions, sort them alphabetically and transfer them from one account to another.
For Thunderbird 78 users, there is a preview version available here:
- [issue 14] quickFilters was migrated to Thunderbird 78, and is now finally available after a lengthy beta phase on addons.thunderbird.net. Last year's conversion work was expensive and deep - I hired external developer Klaus Buecher for the main conversion phase and also got some lovely new icons contributed by @Panglab who did a lot of design work for Thunderbird Core.
I had a lot of extra days of work and around 3,500$ of expenses for this years Add-on conversions and releases - also the web site had to be migrated from the now decommissioned free hosting on mozdev.org to github pages. To help fund quickFilters for the next year and the unavoidable changes necessary to switch over to an API based approach, you should buy a quickFilters Pro license.
- [issue 33] Copy / move mail context menu broken with quickfilters
- Improved reopening any support sites already open in a tab by jumping to the correct place if necessary.
Thunderbird 78 Regressions Fixed
- [issue 41] Fixed: Merge filters (at least manually) is broken.
- [issue 42] All cut / copied filters in list should be highlighted with icon.
- Fixed: Filter Editor: The reply-to condition field can be broken / disabled if certain character combinations are used (usually involving parentheses or angle brackets)
- [issue 44] Folder names default delimiter shows black diamond � instead »
- Thunderbird 85 beta - Fixed the buttons "Run filters on folder" and "Run filters on selected mails" which stopped working due to a parameter change in the function MailServices.filters.applyFiltersToFolders(). Although I fixed this particular issue I make no guarantees for any functionality if you are using beta versions. During the ESR period I can only fully support the current ESR version Thunderbird 78.1 - 78.*.
- Source code released under Custom License