About this Add-on
=-=-=-=-= !! DO NOT UPGRADE TO TB115 IF YOU NEED FULL FEATURE SET !! =-=-=-=-=
Read about: Issues with TB 115
Read about: excessive permissions
QNote extension development was started after XNote++ support was dropped. It aims to be XNote++ drop-in replacement. Please report any issues and/or ideas to support e-mail or GitHub (please do not use reviews section for that).
In order to improve quality of the QNote extension I'm looking for beta testers. Please send request to support e-mail if you would like to participate.Thank you!
- Add notes to e-mail messages
- Save note position, size, multiple default note positions
- Searchable notes via Thunderbird's QuickFilter or Edit / Find / Search Messages
- Mail pane column with note icon and / or note preview
- Actions on multi message selection: create, update, delete, reset, copy, paste
- Various filter actions via Tools / Message Filters
- Clipboard Copy / Paste
- Attach note to message body
- Attach note when printing
- Light / dark theme
- Multiple locales and localized date formats
- Auto tag message when adding note
- Fully XNote++ (3.0.0) compatible
- Import / export between to XNote++ (*.xnote) and QNote (*.qnote)
- Supports older Thunderbird versions, starting 68.2.0
- Alt+Q to toggle note
- ESC to close note without saving
- Right click context menu to delete note or reset note window
- Use QuickFilter or Message Search to search notes (only for folder storage)
- Use Filter Manager to create custom actions (only for folder storage)
If you are using internal storage then don't forget to export data before removing extension!
- Version 0.12: create custom filters and actions, clipboard copy / paste, multi message selection context menu (create, update, delete, reset, copy, paste)
- Version 0.11: search notes using QuickFilter, import / export notes in various formats and between storage options
- Version 0.10: configurable localized date format, set default note placement, optional confirm delete, save options w/o extension reload, options page styling according to selected theme
- Version 0.9: attaching note to message and printer, major rewrite
- Version 0.8: non published
- Version 0.7: note search feature using QuickFilter
- Version 0.6: save notes using JSON file format instead of dated XNote++ format
- Version 0.5: add QNote column and two options for popup window style - floating panel (preferred) or windows using TB new API
- Version 0.4: two storage options - internal extension or XNote++ local folder (compatible with original extension)
- Column handler does not work with TB 115
- QuickFilter does not work with TB 115. You can still use message search.
- Search and filters working only when using folder storage option.
- Does not work very well together with Conversations plugin.
- TB 91.x versions does not work well on Macs when using Floating panel window option.
Please send bug reports or issues to support email. Backup your XNote++ folder.