Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
by Marco Zanon
This provider add-on adds Google synchronization capabilities to TbSync. Only contacts and contact groups are currently managed, using Google's People API.
Please read the "About this Add-on" section below carefully!
This add-on requires the following add-ons to work properly:
About this Add-on
2) You must install and enable TbSync first, because this is an add-on to it. After that, just open the TbSync management interface and add a "Google" account.
3) You also need some specific credentials by Google to use this add-on. Please refer to "How to generate your own Google API Console project credentials" [https://github.com/zanonmark/Google-4-TbSync/wiki/How-to-generate-your-own-Google-API-Console-project-credentials] for a step-by-step guide on how to generate them.
(And if this seems complicated, please blame Google, not me, as I'm forbidden from providing already built-in credentials...)
4) Also, you might have a look to the various "Account options" [https://github.com/zanonmark/Google-4-TbSync/wiki/Account-options] and their meaning.
5) You are particularly suggested to enable the "Read-only mode" [https://github.com/zanonmark/Google-4-TbSync/wiki/Account-options#read-only-mode].
6) Please keep in mind that some limitations apply, see "Current status and roadmap / Known limitations" [https://github.com/zanonmark/Google-4-TbSync#current-status-and-roadmap--known-limitations].
Particularly, adding a contact to (or removing it from) a Thunderbird mailing-list doesn't currently reflect back to Google. This will be fixed after the upcoming rewrite.
Backup Your addressbooks first!