Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
The "why" behind this decision is "because they can" and they always have to change something for the sake of changing something.
Firefox killed legacy add-ons, so Thunderbird has to do something too.
I have no plans to rewrite this add-on to support the changes. Blame Mozilla and the devs behind these decisions.
GlassMyBird enables more AeroGlass effects than the default Thunderbird theme.
AeroGlass must be enabled in Windows 7/Vista gui settings!
Many menus, toolbars and windows are transparent but transparency is not possible everywhere.
Preferences (Add-ons manager -> GlassMyBird)
- enable/disable Glass v1 / v2 gui effects
- enable/disable Glass tabs or use Thunderbirds default tabs
- enable/disable dropdownmenus Glass effect
- enable/disable dropdownmenus black/white text colors/shadows
- enable/disable toolbars black/white text colors/shadows
- enable/disable white tab text
- enable/disable higher tabs
Glass v2 is for real "Glass"-fans only. Some areas (e.g. folder tree and thread tree) may sometimes be hard to read (depending on desktop background).
This add-on only works on Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows 8 (see instructions below).
Windows 8/10 does not offer AeroGlass by default, but you can use this tools to enable window transparency (again).
Aero Glass for Win8/10
This add-on only works on Windows 7 and Vista with activated AeroGlass!
Windows 8 and Windows XP do not offer AeroGlass.