About this Add-on
If this addon is still enabled in your Thunderbird, you probably turned off the Thunderbird addon manager's compatibility check via about:config, which shouldn't be the case! You should absolutely no longer use the add-on with newer versions of Thunderbird, otherwise you will run into problems.
This addon was a fixed version (for Thunderbird 60, 68 and 78 series) of the original addon "AttachmentExtractor" which was no longer supported and fixed by the original author.
About version series:
- 3.* is intended for Thunderbird 78.*
- 2.* is intended for Thunderbird 68.*
- 1.5.* is intended for Thunderbird 60.*
This project should be regarded as inherently a work in progress. Most of the functionality is achieved by leveraging existing Thunderbird functionality in a more efficient way, so it should be safe. Some of the functions involve modifying your emails, but warnings are displayed as appropriate.
In summary, I take absolutely no responsibility of the actions of the add-on, either unintended or otherwise.
The source code of the add-on is open source and is available at GitLab .
- Update WL-API to 1.56 to have the wrench icon for addon options in addon manager and fix some errors in console due to WL-API
- encoding of umlaut paths (when using default save path)
- entry in most recent used folders
- subfolders created due to slashes in filenames (reworked the slashes replacement in filenames, to still allow subfolder creation from the user defined filename patterns from up version 3.0.9 - the slashes will now only be replaced in the given attachment filenames itself completely.)
- Register missing eventListener for DebugOnStart and AutoExtract
- Source code released under Mozilla Public License, version 2.0