Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This is an incredible RSS reader. Its simple, its not intrusive, it does not take over your environment and it works.
The nice things about this viewer:
(a) Automatic refresh is configurable,
(b) I can force it to check the feed,
(c) it pops up a small window in the bottom right hand corner indicating that there are new articles,
(d) it consolidates all new articles into a single list,
(e) it allows you to organise and group your feeds,
(f) it has a typical news reader view/pane layout.
My future recommendations are for it to
(1) allow individual refresh periods per feed,
(2) allow a select all (ctrl-a) within the article list,
(3) allow some sort of button somewhere where I can easily open the feed viewer,
(4) store its feed configuration in a normal bookmarks folder so that I can have it automatically synchonise and distribute via Foxmarks.
I typically use Opera for RSS feeds and Firefox for everything else. I am now able to switch completely to Firefox.
Thank you News Fox.
(1) and (2, context menu) are in version 0.8.3, beta available at http://newsfox.mozdev.org/installation.html later today.
(4) won't happen. You can put your newsfox folder on a flash drive, or perhaps synchronize with one of the online storage sites(haven't tried any and not going to plug any in particular, do a search).
(3) not sure I understand, and my responses are yours in this forum are up, so send me a PM.