Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
by Realraven (Axel Grude)
Quickly generate mail filters on the fly, by dragging and dropping mails and analyzing their attributes. Create a filter in less than 10 seconds, it's as easy as: drag, click, click.
By popular demand, supports SORTING filters alphabetically.
About this Add-on
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions according to the selected template. It also adds lots of good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. An advanced search box and 2 buttons (move to top, move to bottom) make it easy to manage many message filters.
Additional tools include:
- merging and cloning of filters
- cut, copy and paste even across mailboxes
- alphabetical sorting & grouping of selected filters
- extended search of filters: search conditions / actions / folder name
- find duplicate filters or filter conditions
- find all filters that affect a specific folder
- run filters from toolbar button
Thunderbird 68 support has ended on thunderbird.net
Unfortunately thunderbird.net does not accept updates for legacy versions anymore - they only support the new "Mail extension" format and our "mail extension with experimental APIs" which is a workaround for missing advanced features.
From of version 4.6 forward you have to install such legacy versions from the github releases page
Creates a Filter Assistant mode that makes it very easy to create new filters. Activate it, then drag an email into the folder tree. Then select from a few templates in order to create a new filter.
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions dependant on the selected template, making the creation of filters a breeze.
It also adds some good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. You can search for filters by conditions and actions, sort them alphabetically and transfer them from one account to another.
For Thunderbird 78 users, there is a preview version available here:
- Fixed: Ctrl-A (Select All) shortcut key was no longer working in version 5.8. See [issue 160]
- Fixed: Merging to a filter with "Subject" template breaks filter [issue 161]
- Troubleshooter: in step one, only flag enabled filters that have no valid way of running [issue 163]
- You can now store a selection of filters by clicking the Backup Button while holding down the CTRL key.
- Added link to github for bug reports and feature requests on the support tab. [issue 146]
- Allow assistant trigger when deleting or moving mail to Junk. Also added a switch to support Archives (through the FiltaQuilla Add-on). Exceptions / folders to be ignored by Assistant can be configured on the 'Actions' tab of quickFilters settings. [issue 145]
- Fixed: Sorting filter terms now falsely doesn't restore deleted search terms anymore [issue 149]
- Rolled back the code from 5.7.1 that removed "Monkey Patched" functions - this would lead to problems such as Thunderbird hanging during filtering on a small number of systems.[issue 152]
- Source code released under Custom Licence