About this Add-on
It is important to note that an e-mail can be signed by an arbitrary domains. A valid DKIM signature alone is therefore not an indicator for a trustworthy e-mail. Always check who the signer is to determine if an e-mail is trustworthy!
In some cases, the absence of a DKIM signature can be useful to identify scam e-mails. If it is known that a certain domain is signing all its e-mails with DKIM, the absence of a DKIM signature is a strong indicator for a forged e-mail.
To ease the checking of if and by who an e-mail is signed, the add-on supports the use of sign rules. With sign rules it is possible to specify that e-mails from a certain sender have to be always signed by a specific domain (also referred to as SDID). More about sign rules at https://github.com/lieser/dkim_verifier/wiki/Sign-rules.
A description of all the available add-on options can be found at https://github.com/lieser/dkim_verifier/wiki/Options.
Support is given at https://github.com/lieser/dkim_verifier/issues, http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2704121 or by e-mail to [email protected] (in English or German).
The preferred way to report bugs is by creating an issue at https://github.com/lieser/dkim_verifier/issues.
- fixed incompatibility with Thunderbird 78 (#199)
- removed option to show DKIM result in the statusbarpanel
- Authentication-Results header: fixed parsing of version
- libunbound resolver: Don't provide a default path
- libunbound resolver: Improve options description
- added about page in options
- updated default rules and favicons (#208, #209, #210)
Changes since v4.0.0pre3:
- Don't provide a default libunbound path
- Sign rules: Special treatment of outgoing messages now supported
- Fixed relaxed ARH parsing option (#221)
- Fixed backtracking issues in parsing of from header, resulting in `InternalError: too much recursion`
- Fixed options page not correctly working if it was already open on start
- Add about page
- updated default rules and favicons (#209)
- Storing of DKIM keys not implemented
- Sign rules: DMARC heuristic not implemented
- DKIM action in the header not implemented
- Option to show DKIM result in the statusbarpanel
- Source code released under MIT/X11 License