About this Add-on
The great things about CIX are the friendly members, the fully threaded conversations, the read flags so you don't waste time reading messages you have already read.
This add-on allows you to easily access CIX Forums from Thunderbird, integrating CIX Forums with your Email client.
- Complete installation this addon and restart Thunderbird.
- Right mouse click on the Help pull down menu and select Customise.
- Probably at the bottom of the icons find the CIX logo.
- Drag this into your toolbar, just to the right of the Help pull down is good.
- Click Done.
Now when you click on the CIX icon on your toolbar, CIX Forums will be launched in a new tab.
We find that once launched the font is too large. To fix this, once you have launched CIX Forums when you are looking at the Log in page, hold the CTRL key down and press the - key twice. This seems to bring clarity to the display.
For more information and free accounts, see https://forums.cix.co.uk/signUp.aspx?=cixbasic
Sign up for a free CIX account at http://forums.cix.co.uk/signUp.aspx?p=cixbasic. This takes seconds and only asks for your email address, to choose a nickname and a password. There is a activation email so the email address needs to be real.
- Source code released under Custom Licence