Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I'm disappointed by seeing people giving so many one-star reviews for something that is so easily fixed. We should be congratulating the author for this great plugin, without which TB would be completely unusable for many of us. Please use this workaround for the date checking issue rather than forking the add-on.
Here is how to fix the date check issue in the official release:
- download the "xpi" file for the latest TFSC release.
- change the file suffix from xpi to zip
- unpack the zip file into a work directory
- in your work directory there will be a file called "bootstrap.js". In that file, search for a function called "compile:function()". Comment out the line that begins with "if(new Date().getTime()".
- Save your changed bootstrap.js
- zip the contents of your work directory into a new .zip file. Note that you need to zip the contents of the work directory, not the directory itself.
- change the suffix of your new zip file to xpi.
- install your xpi file as a thunderbird add-on.
- set automatic updates to off for your new version