Über dieses Add-on
I welcome anyone to show me the central point to find developers documentation up to date in Thunderbird. So far, no luck.
This addon add a dropdown menu to the format toolbar inside the compose window, to quickly highlight the current selection.
Standard colours are configured: yellow, cyan, green, pink, red, and also light and dark grey.
This first version is basic, but should be sufficient for the majority of users.
Once you have chosen an highlight colour in the drop down menu, you can just click on the button again to use the last colour.
To remove the highlight state of a block, simply click inside the block, and select clear from the dropdown menu. To remove the highlight state of many blocks at once, select the block that contains all highlighted elements, and select the clear entry in the drop down.
The source code for the last version can e downloaded on github.
This need to be implemented
- Add keyboard shortcut to highlight (next version ?)
- Highlight all selected elements at once, when multiple elements are selected in the editor (Ctrl+Select, next version ?)
- Remember the last picked colour when restarting thunderbird (next version ?)
- Allow the user to customise the list of available colors, probably using themed palettes. (later)
- Full Undo/Redo support (Need to find good thunderbird documentation support, later)
- More localisations (later).
- A basic preferences window (later).