Before, when you want to create a new email on Google Mail, you have this options:
A - To load Google Mail completely.
B - Clic on some mailto url from a website.
C - Use a bookmark with the url "mailto:" and associating Google Mail to this protocol on the Firefox preferences.
Now with just a search engine you could do it easier and faster.
- Add "mailto:" protocol to the search bar.
- Insert into the "to:" area the email written in the search bar.
- You can start writing the email just when the tab is loaded.
- Make Firefox more Google Mail friendly.
- Faster process. Just need to load the send form.
- Don't need to change the Firefox preferences, you use "mailto:" links normally with your own email client.
- Less steps (First add (G)mailto):
*3 Clics: Search area, execute search, send button.
*3 Writes: Search area, about area, email body area.
Enjoy it! :)
Because my english isn't so good, here you have a comment description for the (G)mail add-on ^_^:
I was a bit dubious on this one until I tried it. Its a bit goofy but could be very useful. It gives you a drop-down in the search box in which you can type a recipients address, then opens your Gmail account with a message ready to type into and send to that address. It could save a lot of time if you work on line refrequently.
I've trying to find the url (JONS) that give me the suggestions of emails of my Google Mail account, but this is what I've found:
This url give us our email contacts, but not in the url format that Firefox accept.
I've writed to the Google Mail staff and they said me that they don't give support to that API, (so fuck me xD)
I understand that I'm not from the Firefox staff, if so I talk with google about this. Google is the default searchengine at Firefox, what about use Google Mail from a searchengine at Firefox? :O what!!?? xD