Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
quickFilters 4.4.1 Requires Restart
Quickly generate mail filters on the fly, by dragging and dropping mails and analyzing their attributes. Create a filter in less than 10 seconds, it's as easy as: drag, click, click.
By popular demand, supports SORTING filters alphabetically.
About this Add-on
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions according to the selected template. It also adds lots of good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. An advanced search box and 2 buttons (move to top, move to bottom) make it easy to manage many message filters.
Additional tools include:
- merging and cloning of filters
- cut, copy and paste even across mailboxes
- alphabetical sorting & grouping of selected filters
- extended search of filters: search conditions / actions / folder name
- find duplicate filters or filter conditions
- find all filters that affect a specific folder
- run filters from toolbar button
Creates a Filter Assistant mode that makes it very easy to create new filters. Activate it, then drag an email into the folder tree. Then select from 5 templates in order to create a new filter.
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions dependant on the selected template. It also adds some good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. A search box and 2 buttons (move to top, move to bottom) make it easy to manage many message filters.
I am currently paying somebody to migrate all my Add-on support sites away from the free host on mozdev.org, which is closing operation end of June. To keep having support sites and ongoing development, please buy a license (the complete migration cost me $650, so there are some expense I hope to recover from the community of users).
I will also have to rewrite all mail Add-ons as web extensions, which is currently not yet possible as all necessary APIs to replace the deprecated tech has not been implemented. As in between step I plan to release QuickFolders as a "web experiment" for Thunderbird 78+ but this will take a few weeks of work. If you are interested in using a version of quickFilters that works with Thunderbird 78, buy a license to support the project.
- [issue 12] Pro Feature: Add keyboard shortcuts for Run Filters buttons. These can be enabled and configured on the quickFilters Pro tab. This feature is useful for archiving or anti-Junkfilters which should be configured to only run manually.
Default shortcuts are:
Shift + F: Run Filters on folder
Shift + R: Run Filters on selected mails
- migrated support website from free server mozdev.org to github.
- 4.4.1 - Fixed a layout problem in settings that caused some bad text characters showing at the top of the dialog.
- Source code released under Custom License