Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
(The Thunderbird part of this add-on is now part of CustomizeMyBird. NewScrollbars won't be updated for Thunderbird 59+).
The "NewScrollbars"-add-on replaces default scrollbars with colorized ones (partly) known from "Noia themes".
- predefined and customizable scrollbar colors, width, background
- works with Firefox and Thunderbird
- colorpicker to style custom scrollbars
- textfield to set background color (hexcode) for custom scrollbars
- option to pick a random scrollbar on startup
- option to hide scrollbars
- options to customize scrollbars background, thumb, buttons, size
- option to make scrollbars transparent
- option to make customizable scrollbars floating scrollbars
This add-on is highly recommended for people, who like to have "high contrast" scrollbars. Colorized scrollbars can be more kindly for eyes.
"NewScrollbars" extension also works with some complete themes.
A very small add-on to only remove scrollbars.
Note: Every currently opened website has to be reloaded after every change on this add-ons preference window.
The 'new' scrollbars are images which size gets altered using applications zoom feature like happens with default content images. There is not fix to prevent this from happening, because this is a Firefox/Thunderbird bug, that was and is present since Firefox/Thunderbird appeared and most likely will never get fixed.
Workaround: Go to "View"->"Zoom" and chose to zoom only text, so scrollbars size stays while zooming on a page. All scrollbar-styling add-ons and themes suffer from this problem.
Add-on Compatibility Reporter
If you have any problems, please contact me via email. Bugreports via "Add-on compatibility Reporter" extension without description are not helpful to solve problems.
[new option] Settings > show/hide vertical scrollbars
[new option] Settings > show/hide horizontal scrollbars
--> both also work with transparent, predefined and custom scrollbars
[change] moved static css code to css files (requested by AMO editors)
[change] removed main setting 'hide vertical scrollbars'
[change] removed main setting 'hide horizontal scrollbars'
- Source code released under Mozilla Public License, version 2.0