Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Tab Clicking Options - Fix to work with later versions than 3.0.*.
Here's what you do:
1. Go to the homepage linked in the Tab Clicking Options info. section.
2. Click on 'Tab Clicking Options' in the menu and then on 'Installation'.
3. Right-Click on 'Install Now' and save the tabclickingoptions-0.6.9.xpi file to your hard disk.
4. Extract the contents of tabclickingoptions-0.6.9.xpi file with your archive program. Note that .xpi files are just .zip files with a different extension, anything that can open a .zip file should open a .xpi file.
5. Find and open the file install.rdf in a text file editor.
6. Line 15 says:
Change 3.0b3pre to 3.7a2pre so it looks like this:
Save the file.
7. Replace the install.rdf inside tabclickingoptions-0.6.9.xpi with the install.rdf that you made the changes to.
8. In Firefox select the File menu and click 'Open File', navigate to the altered tabclickingoptions-0.6.9.xpi file and select it. This will allow you to install the modified add-on.
9. When done restart Firefox as normal and the Tab Clicking Options add-on should work.
This worked perfectly for me in Firefox 3.5.9.
Hope this helps.